Teamwork Trust is a North Northamptonshire charity and social enterprise which works with and supports autistic adults, people with learning disabilities and individuals with mental health needs.
Our three centres – based in Corby, Kettering and Wellingborough – are friendly, safe and supportive places in which our service users make new friends, access education and employment experiences, and take part in on and off-site activities and classes.
We have a packed programme of living and learning projects & activities as well as wellbeing and counselling programmes and it is our service users who help to steer and plan everything we do.
ABOUT THE ROLE
• Permanent Contract
• £27,500 to £32,000
• Full time – 37.5 hrs per week. Based on-site at all 3 sites (Kettering, Corby and Wellingborough)
• Minimum – 5 years’ experience in Health and Social Care
• Experience in managing/providing care services
• Designated Safeguarding Lead
• To co-ordinate and ensure continuity of care from the initial care package assessment through to integration.
• To achieve KPI’s on a monthly basis ensuring that all relevant meetings are conducted in a professional and timely manner.
• To maintain professional confidentiality at all times and ensure that the client records are truthful, accurate and up to date.
• Ensuring a safe service is always delivered to clients
• Networking and relationship building
• Strong leadership skills to ensure staff are clear about their duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for the safe delivery and accurate recording of care in line with legislation, contractual obligations, the CQC, and Company policies
• Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of CQC essential standards and regulations
• Generating and developing new business opportunities
• Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences, and to undertake staff development
• Recruit high-quality and reliable staff, develop relationships with the local authorities, and existing clients, and find private clients
• NVQ 5 Leadership & Management or equivalent qualification or willing to work towards
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As Teamwork’s Day Services Manager, you will be based in North Northants and will have previous working experience in Health and Social Care.
This role will suit a candidate who has the experience to run all aspects of the care side including complex care of the business. The successful Service Manager will have a good track record in a similar position and will be able to operate in a fast-paced work environment. The organisation needs a Day Services Manager that will oversee the delivery of quality service.
Requirements of the role:
• Motivator with an ability to lead and support staff
• Coordinate the delivery of staff training and development
• Resourceful and energetic
• Excellent communication skills
• To demonstrate a high level of literacy
• Ability to multitask within a pressurised environment
• Able to work as part of a team
• Computer literate
• Passionate about the Health & Social Care sector
• Driver with own vehicle
Motivated to drive the service forward sharing new ideas and initiatives.
Holds a current enhanced DBS.
Please send your C.V. and a covering letter (maximum one side of A4) demonstrating skills, experience and why you would like to be part our team to JackieF@teamworktrust.co.uk
Closing date: Tuesday 14th June 2022
1st Interviews: Wednesday 22nd Thursday 23rd and Friday 24th June 2022
2nd Interviews: W/C Monday 27th June 2022 (Monday – Friday)
Start date: 25th July 2022 or earlier
Teamwork Trust is an equal opportunity employer who welcomes diversity and encourages inclusion. We aim to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Our recruitment selection criteria and procedures (including the areas or media sources which are used in the recruitment process) are frequently reviewed to ensure that individuals are selected, promoted and treated on the basis of their relevant merits and that no applicant or employee is disadvantaged by provisions, criteria or practices which cannot be shown to be justified.
As part of our values, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and actively celebrate our employee’s differences.